Thursday, May 19, 2005

KVZI Roi Radio

Tonight was the world premiere of Rockin' Rick's radio hour on KVZI Radio.
The reason this is news of any kind is that one, he did really well (it turns out he was an on-air personality in Ohio a few years ago.) And two, on his next show there are going to be guests. Sean Connery is going to stop by for an interview and Evan Matthews of the BBC will begin giving updates of world news.

*Further explanation: Rockin' Rick is a firefighter here on Roi and KVZI, while it is an FCC assigned radio station, is pumping out a whopping 5w. That's powerful enough to cover this tiny little island and that's about it.



**Even further explanation: I am both Evan Matthews, pompous BBC reporter, and Sean Connery, pompous Scotsman. It will be my first performance of any kind since... damn, since I was 18-19 years old. We're going to record the show on cassette so there will be proof of how good/horrible I do.



***Even further further explanation: I disguise my voice to sound like a pompous English BBC reporter and read fake news stories. I then disguise my voice in a different way and "become" Sean Connery for a fake interview. Hilarity ensues or... I crash and burn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home