Tuesday, August 09, 2005

The Cheat "Told the Truth"

The day that Rafael Palmiero, who up to that point was a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame, was suspended for 10 games for violating MLB's new substance abuse policy I dumped him from my fantasy team without hesitation. Then I wondered if I did the right thing, acting as judge and jury and finding him guilty without hearing his "testimony".

From the Washington Post on August 2nd:
"Why would I do that in a year when I went in front of Congress and I testified and I told the truth?" Palmeiro said. "Why would I do this in a season when I was going to get to 3,000 hits? It makes no sense. I would not put my career on the line. I would not put my reputation on the line and everything that I've accomplished throughout my career. . . . I'm not a crazy person. I'm not stupid. This is something that's an unfortunate thing. It was an accident. I'm paying the price."
Or, check out this commentary, which echoes my thoughts.
http://www.taintedbill.com/moveabletype/mt-harper.cgi/4034
Does Mr. Palmiero think we're all complete morons? Does he expect us to believe that a 20 year veteran is allowing illegal substances to get into his body on accident? In the "steroid Era" of baseball!

I mean, when are these guys going to learn? Bonds was injected with "something", but was told it was a vitamin. Right. Does Mr. Palmiero now expect us to believe that he JUST started using steroids (on accident) after he testified to Congress? It was just an accident!

Here's a proposal: The FBI needs to get an X-File opened to find the phantom trainer(s) out there who are going on malicious "steroid Shoot-ups" and bringing down the modern era's biggest icons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home