Saturday, June 04, 2005

And Still We Wait

I've been back on the island for a month now and there still hasn't been a call.

On one hand that is certainly a good thing: People aren't getting sick and injured. One the other hand, it's bad: When the calls do eventually come, they'll come in bunches. The last real slow period we had, the year of 2004, ended with women in labor, a woman having a massive heart attack, and three work injuries. In the real world that's not much at all, but on this island where there is no Doctor, just a nurse and two EMTs, it's not good.

Much better to spread these things out.

Plus it breaks up the boredom. I think I'll speak to the employees this week and see if we can't schedule some injuries and illnesses so they don't conflict with each others care.
----------
On another note, I had my first meeting with HR about leaving in August and heading back to the states. At the very least I'll be spending some time in CA upon my return. If we decide to head to Texas, it will be a couple weeks after I get back.
----------
Yet another note, I'm balding.

Maybe that would explain my dream a couple weeks ago. I had a huge Afro. It ruled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home